Carrot and Honey Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 small leeks , sliced
- 800g carrots , roughly chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- small pinch dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ½ liters vegetable stock
- sour cream or yogurt , to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the leeks to the pan, then cook for 3 mins until starting to soften.
- Add the carrots, honey, chili (if using) and bay leaf, then cook for 2 mins.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 mins. Blend the soup in batches, return to a clean pan, then season to taste. When ready to serve, bring back to a simmer, then ladle into mugs.
- Add a swirl of soured cream or yogurt and serve with garlic bread.